Monday, November 4, 2013

Happiness is...


I think when you're not used to happy, that when you first start to GET happy, it's a little bit scary. Maybe not for everyone, but for me. I'm used to anxiety, I'm used to stress, I'm used to uncertainty. I'm not used to happy. I grew up with parents and a brother who thought of me as strange. Who made me think I was strange. I've been in a marriage with a husband who has made me feel as if I have no value. I was twenty-eight before I really believed that I am NOT strange. I'm just me. I'm not odd, or weird, or quirky. I'm just me. I've always thought I was awesome, and you know what? I'm right. I'm thirty-three and I'm done with people who try to make me feel like there's something wrong with me because I think differently than they do. I'm perfectly normal. I deserve to be happy and I'm going to be, even if I have to acquire a taste for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment