Monday, March 11, 2013

Crossing Over

To the Dark Side. C'mon, come with me! I've been struggling with an "all or nothing" kind of thing with my journaling and I'm tired of it. I say that I want everything in one journal, but it's really not true. But then I get all confused and screwy about where I DO want things. That face down there - that was a crooked, ugly doodle I did in the dark at school one night.


This is the bottom half of her paper on a journal page I didn't have time to do, but I needed to squeeze out the time to do it and so I did.

And here is the journal spread at school, where I took my sharpies and colored in the letters.

Seen this quote before? Sure, in my OTHER journal. The cheap thoughts journal that I write lists and notes and scribble shit in. WHY can't it be in both? Why? Why do I have to decide where it goes? People are WRONG in their silly "a place for everything" nonsense. I like to have pencils EVERYWHERE. There are pencils in every room of my house, including the bathroom and the kitchen. You never know when you're going to need to write something down. I like pencils. Of course, if they were in a drawer somewhere, I'd know where they were every time I wanted one, and I get the value in that when we're talking about car keys. But art? It can be whatever I want it to be. My journals are for me, and I don't LIKE carrying the fine art one to school, but I need something to draw on/with/near at school. So here is my solution: let them cross over. I'm going to doodle that freaking quote everywhere I wanna and if that means it ends up in both journals seventeen times, then it does. Try and stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment