Friday, September 6, 2013

A fish...

Someone on Facebook posted a silly fish that was the inspiration for this guy. I thought it was Jody Ohl, but then I couldn't find hers when I went back to make sure, so I could be wrong!

I journaled a little about feeling like a fish out of water. I've been thinking about this a lot. You know how people will stand in front of a statue or a monument and have someone take their picture as if the monument is somehow enhanced by their presence? I don't do that. I also do NOT find more enjoyment in an experience when someone is with me. I would RATHER go to a movie alone. I would RATHER wander around a new place alone. I would rather experience things for the first time alone. Because there is no one to gauge my reaction. A MILLION times I've leaned over in a movie theater to say to a laughing friend "I don't get it" and they whisper back "Me, either". But they laughed because people were laughing and somehow this makes ME the strange one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment