Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Half a year goes by...

Six months. It's been six months since Tami died. Everybody lied. The pain doesn't get easier. It doesn't get less. It grows. It seems to feed on itself and make itself stronger. It's true - sometimes I can look at pictures of us and not immediately burst into tears. Like these ones.

Here is us in Florida. She bought us these shirts so we could wear them to the movie - she's always liked the "bad boy" characters while I like the kinder, gentler ones. 

This is Casey's, of course. My favorite place to eat in Vero. We went every Saturday morning when we both lived there.

And here we are with Flat Stanley at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. One of the best days ever. We got chocolate frogs and wands from Olivander's and butterbeer. Lots of silly fun.

I loved her. She knew it. I have no regrets because she knew I loved her. I miss her every day. Not less today than I did six months ago. I thought by now it would feel less like faking it, but it doesn't. Life just keeps going on and I keep going with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment