Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wishing on a star

I was drawing her and skarting with Kelly one night. I really wanted her to be looking up at the stars and it put this song in my head that the little boy on the back of the train sings on The Polar Express. Billy. He's one of the only characters who has a name on that movie!

Kelly said that thinking of wishing on a star makes her think of the Disney song. I pointed out how that particular song has stupid lyrics about how wishing on a star makes dreams come true. I said that the lyrics should be more like "If you want your dreams to come true you have to work your ass off to make that happen." I'm cynical - surprise!

These words seem so much more appropriate to me:

Honestly, I wish I was more of the wishing upon a star to make my dreams some true kind of a chick, but I'm just not. Maybe I'll get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment