Friday, July 13, 2012

The use of You

I've noticed a lot of people make art and/or journal pages with the word YOU when I wish they would say I. "You are enough" is not as powerful of a statement as "I am enough". We already mostly feel like the people in our lives are good enough, that's why we love them. The statement we need to see and hear and tell ourselves isn't about YOU. It's about I.

I am enough.
I am loved.
I am beautiful.

Say it. Write it. Put it in your art. Feel it.

That's me. I'm in class right now. Hair up and messy and needing to be colored. Didn't brush my teeth. It was 104 degrees today and I walked back and forth to lunch and Michael's and haven't showered yet. My shirt is from 2001, which is actually declared on my left sleeve since it was a gift from my big sister in SAI. I'm struggling to make a 3D castle in Autodesk 3DS Max 2012 (teacher is helping someone else right now). I'm wearing shorts, sneakers, and two different socks. I AM ENOUGH. Non-showered, messy haired, unbrushed teeth, mismatch socks and all. It's ALL enough. Perfectly enough. And If I can make a castle? So much the better.

4 comments:

  1. My friend I LOVE this photo of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are enough, Goog! And pretty dang awesome. :)

    I love this. I do that in my art a bunch, too, using "you" instead of "I." I wonder why...but now I want to see what it feels like to say "I."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and let me know! It TOTALLY felt different to me!

      Delete