Friday, September 21, 2012

Art Journaling, Digi-Style

I don't really DO this, my journal pages are usually sprays and paint and drawings. But Liz, of Sweet Digi Scraps, came out with this bundle called Art Styling and it's available at The Digi Chick right here. I freaking LOVE it! It's SO fun. I know so many people who don't scrapbook because it's "too clean" or too neat or too matchy. This kit throws all of those thoughts out the window! It's grungy papers and paint splatters and amazingly awesome stuff. I had SO much fun working with it. 


Here is my page, it's about how Liam told me and his dad he doesn't need us to wait at the bus stop with him on the second day of school. Second day of school, EVER, mind you. Of course, he doesn't get a choice in the matter, but still. To be dismissed by your five-year-old who rides a middle school bus (he's the only kindergartener on the bus). It was pretty funny. My mom couldn't stop laughing when I told her!


And I also wanted to show you what I did with it. People ask me all the time "What do you DO with your digital scrapbooking pages?" Now, I will admit this is a legitimate question. But first let me ask you: What do you do with your digital photos? Most people don't do ANYTHING with them. They move from camera to computer and then they sit there. I print mine, journal with mine, and scrapbook with mine. And for the record, I PRINT my digital scrapbooking pages. Every one of them. They go into scrapbook albums, just like a "regular" page, and a digi kit for $5 or $10 is a ridiculous amount LESS than you'd pay for something comparable in a paper kit.

But specifically for Liam's school years, I'm going to try to make albums for HIM for each year. For this year I'm using a board book. His teacher tags me in pictures that she posts on her Facebook page and the school's page has had pictures of him up several times already. I don't want to forget these things and only have the first day of school and last day of school and stuff like that. So I'm Scrapping the ordinary days (like I always do) and making a book out of a book! This is the book I started with:

And since this is the second page, here it is IN the book:

I'm pretty excited about it! I hope it comes out as great as I think it will.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, what a cool idea! I have never tried digital scrapbooking (do I need another arty outlet??) but I will definitely have to try this with collage. So cute! Can't wait to see more.
    Found you via Suzi's Mixed Media Girls Book.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all forms of arty outlets! I'm a musician, quilter, painter, scrapbooker, you name it and I've probably tried it! I'm so glad the book had you coming my way!

      Delete