Monday, September 24, 2012

Claim Your Name

I mostly go by Goog, especially online. Not to hide, actually the total opposite! That's what people call me in "real" life. It's been my nickname for a long time. But Suzi is working with women who have been in the commercial sex trade and we've been talking about names in the Soul Garden class. Names that we choose for ourselves, names that are chosen for us. In "the life", the women have names that are not their own. So we're doing an exercise where we're reclaiming our names. Mine is Ariana, and here is my newest journal:

I used a black glaze pen for the doodles (I sketched my name in pencil first, but the rest I free handed).

And I colored it in with my Copics. I think it came out pretty good. The colors are so much better in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment