Friday, December 14, 2012

Try this!!

So, it's a little known fact that I'm Italian (just kidding, my last name gives it away). I hate place like The Olive Garden, I dislike most pizza joints (especially in MN, it's all Chicago-style here), and I really, really, REALLY hate eating Italian food at people's houses. I never buy jars of sauce (we call it 'gravy'), not even for making pizza. However, I've always loved Spaghettios. Beefaroni. Those horrible canned raviolis. I don't know why, I just do! But it wasn't until I was in my 20's that I realized that stuff is supposed to be Italian food. There's a commercial about Chef Boyardee (yes, I know spaghettios are Franco-American and not Chef Boyardee, but it's all the same crap). The other day I brought spaghettios with me to school and I had an epiphany: why didn't I just MAKE MY OWN spaghettios?!? So here they are:

It's my sauce, my meatballs, and pasta rings! It's AWESOME, I totally love it! And for those of you who never look past the spaghetti and elbows, LOOK! Pasta comes in ALL KINDS of shapes! I made stuffed shells for my friend Kelly and her family and she was so funny about how big the shells were. Jumbo. OK, I'm done now. Try this, it's ridiculously fun and I promise it's so much better than the can!

No comments:

Post a Comment