Friday, April 29, 2011

Suzi says...

OK, what she actually says is "God loves my art", I added the ugly. I'm having one of those weeks. PMS. I'm pretty sure only chicks read my blog, so there won't be any jerks rolling their eyes about that. PMS makes me really tired. Ridiculously tired and unmotivated and uncreative and cranky and borderline depressed. My friend Kelly calls it "circling the drain" because if I'm not careful it's too easy to just slide into the black hole and spend days doing nothing but sitting on the couch watching Lie To Me because my arms feel too heavy to do anything but press the A button on my Wii remote.

But if I can just remember - Oh, yeah. It's "that" time. Then I can make myself pick up the pen and doodle a tree and an eyeball. Apparently my friends and I are obsessed with eyeballs. Guess what? Even my ugly trees and stupid flowers are art because I say they are and no one else's opinion matters. So I made art today and me and God love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! And it's easy to forget that the process of creating is healing even if we are not always blown away with the final piece. And as you said who cares, 'cause at the end of the day your art is for you.

    ReplyDelete