Friday, May 11, 2012

Letting Go

I tossed and turned most of last night. I read, of course, and got up a few times to play on the computer. I'm not a good sleeper as it is, and when something is on my mind, it's worse. Something was bothering me last night and it was just looping around and around in my head. I get physically tense when I'm trying to sleep, too - I clench my jaw and my fists, and have to keep reminding myself to relax, relax, relax. So, last night I'm having a conversation with someone in my head - over and over. I'm rewording and figuring out how to say what I need to say without hurting anyone's feelings and it's 2am and finally I decide to just let it go. Let it go. Every single time someone irritates me does NOT have to be confrontational. And it was like a light switch. I instantly felt better. INSTANTLY. Peace. Like magic. It was very cool, and I was able to finish my book and go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment