Sunday, August 14, 2011

A bag for my journal!

Does it need its own bag? I guess not. I mean, I usually just todd it in my purse and take it with me to doodle in. But this is for when I'm going somewhere specifically TO journal! It's made with muslin for demonstration purposes, but I'd like to try canvas.


It opens completely flat, I don't know why I like that so much, but I really do!

This pocket is sized specifically FOR my journal:

These ones are just for "stuff".

The straps are tie scraps, which totally amuses me. I'm trying to decide if it needs a closure of some kind but I really like it just the way it is!!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome on so many levels!!! I've wanted to make a bag for my journal and I think I may do a similar one. Openning flat appeals to me too! - though I'm not sure why either. Perhaps a magnetic clasp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun idea. Love that it opens flat and pockets on outside for easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pockets are all on the inside the way I carry it, but you could fold it up either way if you wanted! I like the idea of a little tiny flap with a magnetic snap - I'll try that on the next one!!

    ReplyDelete