Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oh, must I?

I hate when people talk about the way something MUST be. "Journaling on a scrapbook page is a MUST." Really? What's going to happen if I don't? What if I have nothing to say? What if looking at the picture is too painful for words and there are tears streaming down my face as I drag it onto the layout? What if I'm laughing to hard to type? Sometimes I journal on my pages. Sometimes not. Some thoughts are private! Scrapbooks are meant to be shared. There are no MUSTS in any kind of art, including scrapbooking. Just like people who will say I'm not a "real" quilter because I don't hand quilt. Guess what, asshole? I have nerve damage in my right arm. I'm left-handed, but you can't sew with just one hand. It takes both. Should I have to tell you that before you consider me a "real" quilter? No. Should I ever have to justify myself to someone else? No. Why do people feel like they get to make these kinds of stupid blanket statements like the world will come to an end if I don't jot down what's going on in this scrapbook page or if I use my wonderful Bernina to make my quilts instead of struggling to make a hand work that doesn't want to?

On that note, here is a random picture:

  
Wanna guess what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment