Friday, June 8, 2012

Ink test

Did you know that you're not supposed to use Stazon ink with Copic markers? My friend and Copic marker expert, Kelly, told me this - a YEAR after I've been using Stazon for ALL my Copic stuff!!  I just figured permanent was permanent, and that meant Copic-proof. It never even occurred to me that permanent doesn't actually mean permanent. So, I've been using Stazon Timber Brown and it's always worked totally fine, but I really wanted gray and when I told Kelly what it was for, she told me I can't use Stazon with Copics. Then I had to confess that I have been...

Anyway, I couldn't find gray, so I got black and even though I wasn't supposed to, I decided to put it to the test. Here are my results:

The Stazon smeared - for the first time EVER. I've used the brown a zillion times with no problem.


So, the memento made the darkest, cleanest impression and made me the happiest. I let them sit for a couple of days, so it's not like the Stazon wasn't dry. And the paper is Neenah Classic Crest Solar White - my favorite for Copics. Not the best coloring jobs ever, but I was really just trying to see if the inks smudged. The black Stazon does, maybe only with certain colors, since different chemicals are used to create different colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment