Saturday, February 1, 2014

The pressure of a new year

So. I don't do resolutions or "do-overs" or restarts or anything like that. January 1 is just another day in my life, and I'm a firm believer in the fact that you can't start over. All you can do is go from where you are. That being said, I also think there's too much pressure on the month of January. No one says "OK, this year in March I'm going to start going to the gym." Everyone decides that if they don't start their new "thing" on January first, that it's a waste. I say fuck that and let's start in Fabruary. By Feb. 1, all the resolution, one little word, etc, stuff has died down and I'm ready to think for myself.

Here are my goals for this year, 2014, starting February 1.
- Cartoon journal (I already have a bunch of them ready to start working in)
- More realistic drawing (Sort of. Not photorealizsm, just kind of recognizable stuff.)
- Ink and watercolor (I bought a fountain pen and everything)
- The Documented Life (yep, bought the planner for this)
- Project 365 (year 3 and still going strong)
- Cheap Thoughts Journal (I enjoy this journal very much and it's really a vital part of me)
- Project Tangerine (check us out on Facebook)

I am going to figure out how to work art into my everyday life. I have to. When I don't make time for it, I feel it very keenly. I can spend an hour every day painting. So can you. Let's make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment