Friday, March 23, 2012

I wonder why...

Sometimes I think blogging daily is silly. I mean, it's mostly pointless. It doesn't help the world or change anyone's life. I don't expect my great-great-great grandchildren to read this blog one day searching for wisdom. But on a day like today where I've done basically nothing - I'm sitting on the couch in my pajamas (still) at 5:08 pm, the house could certainly be cleaner, Mini Me is watching Nickelodeon, I'm blog surfing - taking five minutes to think about what I could blog makes me remember that I HAVE done things today. I made breakfast burritos. I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I baked lemon cake and turned it into cake balls. I did two loads of laundry. I talked to my friend Tami in Ireland and my friend Suzi in NJ. I sketched. I made expresso. I scrapbooked. I sketched some more. I did some of it while sitting on the couch, and some of it in combo (talked to Tami while unloading dishes). I played about a million rounds of Draw Something. Even though the things are small, even though they matter only to me and two other people on the planet, they're something. I did lots of somethings. Even on the days where it feels like ALL I've done is sit on the couch, that's NEVER reality. But on the rare day that I haven't done art AT ALL, knowing that I want to be able to post something on my blog is enough to move my ass from the couch to the paint table. Sometimes all I can manage is a scrapbook page or an ATC. Some days I do a zillion art projects and then have blog fodder for a week or two. Today, so far, I haven't done a lot of art. Not none, but nothing post-able. So I'll leave you with this:
Chocolate covered lemony goodness. I LOVE lemon cake balls!

1 comment:

  1. You weren't kidding about those cake balls...!
    Teach me Googie. Teach me.

    What are these spheres of cakey goodness???

    ReplyDelete