Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oh, Glimmer Mist, how I love thee...

I was skarting with Kelly (remember that's skype + art) and she was using gorgeous glimmer mists on what she was working on and I was using the alcohol sprays I made. I love my sprays, I really, really do. The colors are fabulous, I just made a bunch of new ones with some different color markers, they're awesome.

But. (You knew it was coming, didn't you?) But glimmer mists are so shimmery. I love shimmery stuff. Iridescence has always been something I love. So Kelly suggests that I just try putting some mica powder in with the alcohol. I remind her that it doesn't have a binder and she tells me that if you rub your hand over glimmer mist that the shimmery stuff comes off! So I figured, what the hell?

I used the back end of a spoon to scoop it out and put it into the bottles:

These bottles are from Target, they cost $1.19 in the travel section which is .20 more than the Wal-Mart bottles - I threw all of the Wal-Mart ones away and replaced them with these ones from Target and I am CHEAP, so that tells you the Wal-Mart ones are super crappy!

Then I couldn't stop myself, you know how I get - I added the shimmer to ALL of them...

They are FANTASTIC. I bet if you sprayed one of mine beside a Glimmer Mist, you'd never be able to tell the difference. I absolutely LOVE them. And yes, some of the shimmer comes off if I scrub at it, but it doesn't just fall off (it's not glitter) and watercolor paint comes off if you scrub at it, too, so what's the harm?

No comments:

Post a Comment