Thursday, March 8, 2012

Journey into watercolor

So, I was trying to channel my inner Ajae for this drawing. She makes the pretties noses (and eyes and lips and hair) so I was trying to be more like her and less like a kindergartener with an iron grip on my pencil.


The drawing itself came out pretty good. Sort of. Not horrible, anyway.

But I just can't seem to get the hang of watercolors. I'm not subtle enough for them, maybe. 

So, I ditched the idea of subtle and went the way I always go, BRIGHT.

She's finished, I think. I sprayed some fixative on her and she's outside drying. I might play with her a little more, but for the most part she's done. Now I have to decide what to DO with her. I'm thinking of taking her to school tonight and scanning her so I have a nice digital copy. I'm in love with digitally manipulating stuff, and being able to print stuff over and over and over. What can I say, I'm easily amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment