Thursday, August 2, 2012

Uncomfortable with attention

Maybe it's "credit" more than "attention" that I'm uncomfortable with? I have a friend who wants to submit our Zombie Bunny project to Somerset Studios next Easter and the thought of my name in print makes me squirm. I've been avoiding putting anything in my eportfolio at school because that will be my name AND my work out there on the web for anyone and everyone to see. It just creeps me out, and it makes me feel like "Who the fuck are you to put your stuff out there like you're somebody? You're just a chick sitting on the couch animating fruit for idiotic cartoons." Harsh, right? We say meaner things to ourselves than we ever would to anyone else. See how I'm babbling to avoid  saying what I'm here to say? I'm super squirmy about this!

This is Suzi's book. By now, you guys all know that Suzi and I are good friends. She moved here to be close to me and Kelly, we hang out and drink a lot of coffee together. We paint together. Her book is really great. Amazingly great. It comes with a DVD, and shows all the steps and stages of making a mixed-media girl, Suzi Blu style. I LOVE it. But I've avoided promoting it (which is silly) because....

I didn't want to tell you about this! How sill am I? It's my painting in Suzi's book. 

So, the book is AWESOME, and you can get it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble, or from the amazing Suzi herself! Now I have to be done talking about it, I feel a little sick. Ridiculous, I know.

5 comments:

  1. But you ARE somebody. You're Goog! And your work is lovely and uplifting and fun and quirky (yes, even the fruit -- perhaps especially the fruit?) because it's from your heart. The world needs people to share their hearts, I think. And you do that! Big hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      ITT Tech uses the fruit animation at high school presentations, which I think is pretty cool, but also makes me feel a little sick!

      Delete
  2. I have that book and I love it. I don't think you are that ridiculous- we all have things that make us uncomfortable. Today at work I made a mistake- and every single time I make a mistake I feel nauseated. Stupid, right? I mean we all make mistakes at some point in our life- but when I make them at work it ruins my whole day- even though my boss is super cool about it. I'll work on getting over mine and you work on getting over your ill feelings- deal? LOL. It's a really pretty painting Goog- you should feel proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can both work on these things! I'm with you about the mistakes, I get the same way. But it's totally fine that other people make mistakes because no one is perfect, right? We should be kinder to ourselves.

      Delete
  3. Be kind to yourself Goog, you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete