Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crackle You Suck Birthday!!

This is what we did on You Suck Monday (which I did still manage to be a part of, despite my birthday AND my friend leaving - I just did it from her house!)

The name of the game is: crackle. I'm horrible at crackle. Usually. I don't know what happened - something about YSM changes me and I'm able to be successful in ways I've never been able to before. So, this first one is Inkssentials Crackle Accents by Ranger - no one else has ever heard of it, so it's possible that I've had this stuff for a thousand years. It's CLEAR. It's a top coat, so it's not one of those "paint one color, let dry, paint crackle, let dry, paint another color" blah, blah, blah. You just paint, let dry, then put the crackle on and it cracks when it's dry.

This is Elmer's Glue-All. That's the white glue you can get right now for twenty cents at Wal-Mart because of the back-to-school sales. For this one I did a bottom color, let it dry completely. Then put the glue on. While the glue is STILL wet, paint on the second color. When it dries, it cracks.

This is the folk art crackle medium. For this one, you have to paint the bottom color and let it dry, then the crackle medium and let it dry, then the second color and let it dry.

These are my birthday cupcakes.

NO HEAT GUN. Use yours if you want. I didn't and I've heard you're not supposed to. Be patient. I'm not a patient person, so if I'm telling you to be patient, you can do it! Also, I didn't use the cheap craft paints on any of these projects. They're all either Liquitex or Golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment