Thursday, January 31, 2013

For My Niece!

So, my very first niece was born august 29th, 2012.  My brother and sister-in-law have an "under the sea" kind of theme going in her room, which is done in shades of teal. Yesterday, Tena asked me for art for the baby's room! How awesome is THAT?!? So, I sent her pictures of my (finally) finished seahorses!






 
Little things, little bitty things, and that's all it took for these to be finished. I don't know why, but I have a tendency to leave off those little finishing touches for LONG periods of time. I don't put the binding on a quilt for months. I have plenty of paintings that I've never finished and I probably never will finish. Unfinished objects (UFOs) are my specialty. I've decided a goal for 2013 is going to be FINISHING things. I start lots of things. I get almost finished with most of them. But then I don't actually finish. Maybe self-sabotage? I have no idea, but I'm going to TRY and change it. No resolutions to change, that's too much pressure. (Just so you know, when Kelly said today was a good day at 9:17 this morning I told her that was too much pressure for my day.)
 
So. This is four finished pieces for 2013. They're even scanned and saved so I can do other things with them. (Dare I say "make prints"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment