Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hourglass Quilt :)

So, I've always sort of felt like a crappy quilter. Quilters are patient perfectionists who loved to spend hours cutting fabric and blocks and "squaring up" things and they have all these tools and never take shortcuts and spend weeks and months and even years working on a single project. But I am not any of those things. I don't measure twice and cut once - I measure while I'm cutting and sometimes make a mistake and have to change the WHOLE project because I f'ed something all up. But lately I've found some quilters like ME. I like blogs I've started following a couple lately where the quilters make simple projects in non-traditional colors. They let their kids snuggle with their quilts and toss them on the grass for picnic lunches. It's made me want to spend more time quilting! (I know, I know, jack of too many trades and blah, blah, blah, but I love to sew. It's kind of mindless for me and a much better way to waste time than watching television, isn't it?)

So, here are the fabrics I started with:

And then I cut some strips:


And since I like instant gratification, I made one block to see what they'll look like:

And here are the ones I have done so far:

I'm not sure exactly how big it's going to be or how many blocks I'm going to make, I'm just going with the flow for now! I love, love, love how it's coming out so far!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! Where did you find your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's gorgeous! I do not have the patience or precision for quilting, so it leaves me in awe of those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's great! I'm one of those people who can't be bothered :)

    ReplyDelete