Saturday, November 20, 2010

Meditation exercise

At Suzi live chat today, we did this meditation thing. We used crayons and spent a minute just breathing, and two doodling. It's supposed to be what we're feeling. I don't know how to put what I'm feeling into words, ever and I HATE trying to meditate. I just suck at meditation. I'm not a calm, Yoga-doing, health food-eating kind of chick. I'm a coffee/sugar/poptarts eater. I think sleep is boring, meditating is boring, Yoga is SUPER boring. I don't know how to relax, hence the bees in the belfry ATCs.

But this was surprisingly pleasant. It doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't have to BE anything at all. It's crayola crayons my son's teacher sent home from school (it's an income-based program so I can only assume they think we can't afford crayons) so I'm not even using my "good" supplies. It's a journal I don't really use, again not my "good" one. But so what if it was made with Copic markers in my $17 Moleskine? It was peaceful. I don't know why I'm so surprised by this (and I was drinking coffee and eating cookies while I made it) but I enjoyed the doodling and coloring.

2 comments:

  1. And thats why I like zen doodling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! And I love my coffee/sugar/pop tarts too - you're a girl after my own heart! xo

    ReplyDelete