Thursday, November 11, 2010

Uninspired days...

I don't know why, but I've just been feeling "blah" the past couple of days. Not really indigo, just sort of "whatever". Usually when these days come, I sit on the couch in my pajamas with my computer and blog surf for hours. But I'm tired of these says, so I've been trying to fight it - today I got up and showered and put on real clothes, got Liam ready for school, put away some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, skyped with Kelly. Showering, real clothes (and shoes), talking to friends - these are all things that usually help me snap out of the blahs but it's really sticking with me today. It's so funny because usually when I'm feeling "off" Liam starts acting weird, as if he can sense it. He hasn't slept well for the past couple of days and he's been kind of emotional, but not in the toddler tantrum kind of way. It's hard to explain. Anyway, I always think painting will help with the blahs, but I was feeling very uninspired so where did I turn? YouTube, of course. Megan's "Sing Your Life" video makes me smile and so I used her idea and made some ATCs.
What I really liked about her painting is the way she made her wings. A line at the top, but then she just sort of makes short strokes with the brush so the bottom doesn't have a defined edge.

I was worried about the stamp I used, and the ink pad being too juicy so I tried to just ink it a little and kiss the paper with it, not being really firm, but I actually like the "dirty" looking ones the best. Who knew? You can't tell from the pictures, but after I inked the edges, I dipped parts of them into embossing powder. The color is "enchanted gold" but it's just iridescent clear. I'm going to randomly send these to people whose addresses I have. Why not, right?

5 comments:

  1. They look great. I really like they way you have done the wings. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you have done! ATC one thing I have never really done. You may have just convinced me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tal! DO it, Juel! It's fun! I thought I wouldn't like working small, but it's actually pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them Goog, I am going to watch that video now you recommended. Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I hope it makes you wanna paint something, Bev. :)

    ReplyDelete