Friday, November 12, 2010

Yin and Yang

I have a friend, we met about two months ago: Kelly. I speak of her pretty often on my blog, we get together about once a week for play dates. We met at Suzi Skool, in mermaid class. Kelly is a certified copic marker instructor and I want to learn to use copics. She wants to learn Photoshop and I've been using Photoshop for years. She's great at stamping and I suck. I'm great at making a sloppy mess when I'm painting, while she's learning to loosen up. One day when we were talking about these things Kelly stated, "We are yin and yang. Sounds like a journal page. Which do you want to be?" I said I wanted to be Yang.

Friendships are not easy for me. I am not the easiest person to get along with. I don't try to impress people, and I don't care if they don't like me. I'm 30 and I love Harry Potter and Twilight and think that My Life Is Average is the best website ever created. I am perfectly happy sitting in silence, and have nothing to say about pop culture or reality TV. If you start talking and you didn't say my name first to get my attention, I'm probably not listening to you. I do not eat my vegetables and I don't make my kid eat them. I usually have paint on my hands and my clothes. I refuse to feel bad about ANY of this. I am who I am. I don't like vegetables, I like chocolate. I don't like the news, so I don't watch it. If the paint on my hands doesn't bother me, why should it bother anyone else? It's so refreshing to meet someone who doesn't judge. Who expects you to wear paint-spattered clothes and drink coffee by the gallon since you can't sleep anyway. Who doesn't care if you don't brush your hair (ever). So I'll be Yang.

3 comments:

  1. You ROCK goog!! I love this page, i love your writting, you are a fab artist!!! PS I am glad we are friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever change Goog, you are brilliant just the way you are! Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete