Friday, June 3, 2011

Haircut!

OK, so one night hubby lays down next to me in bed - I'm half asleep and this is an unusual moment because Mini Me usually sleeps with me - and I want to tell him that I found a beauty school right near Starbucks, and I can get my hair cut there probably pretty cheap! So I start "Hey, there's a beauty school right behind Starbucks and Baker's Square..." and he looks at me and says "You want to go to beauty school?"

Picture it: I don't own makeup. None. I don't own a blow dryer. I buy the cheapest shampoo I can find, and use Target brand body wash. Right now I'm sitting at my computer in lime green gym pants that are covered in paint splotches and a gray t-shirt that has Mario and Luigi running away from a bob-omb on it. Beauty school. I nearly peed my pants laughing.

So I made an appointment to get my hair cut, something I do NOT enjoy.


But the girl who did my cut and color, Jen, was SO MUCH FUN! I loved this experience. I facebooked the whole thing, lots of process pictures because I was so amused. She took a before pic.

I took this one while I was all slimed up with my new color!

And here is my after! She blow dried and flat ironed a little, thinned it out (because she said I have the thickest hair on the planet) and I f-ing love it! Other than looking really FAT here, I'm fabulous!!


And THEN they wouldn't put the tip on my debit card so I had to pick up Mini Me from his last day at day care (no more job = no more day care) and then go to the bank to get cash (who DOES that??) and go back to the place. Since I was there again anyway, I asked to speak to the manager and told her that not only was it the best haircut I've ever had, that it was the best salon experience I've ever had, too. Usually by the time the person is done cutting my hair I want to choke them to death. I'm not a people person, I really don't like to be touched all that much, and I HATE doing girly crap like getting my hair cut. But I didn't feel any of that rage at this place. I loved it. Beauty schools are the way to go, peeps. And it only cost me $30 for a cut and color, including blow drying (which you KNOW is usually $15 by itself!!). Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment