Tuesday, June 14, 2011

No improvements necessary

Idiosyncrasy: a structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.


Interesting things about Goog:
- I don't like having people behind me
- I am NOT a people person
- I have zero vanity (no makeup, no hair products other than shampoo, no "designer" anything)
- I don't like my food to touch
- I have jeans/t-shirts that are older than my son that I still wear (some from high school)
- I have no interest in history, popular culture, or "being green"

Just because something about you is not the same as someone else, or not the societal norm, doesn't mean it's something that needs to be changed.

I really hate when one of my friends states something about themself and then starts talking about how they think they need to change it. "I don't know why I'm like this, I just need to get over it." See, I don't see my idiosyncrasies as flaws. I don't think that I need to try mushing things into my mashed potatoes to 'get over" the food touching thing. I don't think I need a seminar to teach me to "deal with" people. I deal with them just fine. Goog's way. My mom used to take my for a makeover about every six months, hoping to turn me into a real girl because the makeup/hair thing was so baffling to her. I don't get it. I don't wanna wear makeup. It makes me feel fake. I only know how to be one thing: me. I don't need improvement and NEITHER DO YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment