Monday, December 27, 2010

Manga Prep!

I know, I know, I promised better pictures were going to start being posted here and they will, I swear. My new stupid camera didn't come with a cord to connect it to the computer and it really didn't occur to me that I wouldn't have any way to get the pics off the camera. My printer has four card readers and I have a million different cords, but none of them are what I need so I had to order a cord and it will be here by January 3rd. Bummer, huh?

Anyway, this is what I've been working on for the past couple of days! This is my new journal from Ajae - I LOVE the smooth Bristol paper!!
It's comic panels. Theoretically. I'm thinking that having all these prepared pages is going to help with the execution of actually making my daily life into a comic book.
It's one less step to do ON that day, you know? I'm going to prep the entire journal this way so the whole thing is good to go.
The one thing I don't like about the paper is that the copic markers that I plan to use bleeds through. I haven't found a paper yet that stands up to these markers, so for now I'm just using one side of the page which seems like a bit of a waste.
Since I'm anal and obsessive, I've been working on this for two days and I've only got about twelve pages done but I'm really enjoying looking through the pages like they are. I can't wait to really use this book!! :)

1 comment: