Thursday, December 9, 2010

What Would Teesha Do?

That's Teesha Moore, for anyone who's just tuning in. This is the cover of my Teesha Project journal in stages.

This is with just the collage elements applied.
I meant to take a picture before I added the writing, but I forgot. Then I doodled some. The colors are CRAZY.
You can't tell as much in the picture, but the black dots REALLY toned down the crazy colors. In case you can't tell, it's supposed to say "WWTD? A Month of Odd". I should put that it's December 2010 on there somewhere, shouldn't I? How come I think of these things after the fact?

OK, I lied, I wasn't finished! I added the date on the horse in pink, and on the right I put "Month 1 of The Masters Project" (Kelly came up with that name). Also, the doodles seemed like they needed a bit more "something" so I added sparkly gel pens - brown to the brown doodles and green to the green.
In this one, I'm trying to show the sparkly brown doodly part...not sure if you can really tell!I like it more. A lot more. I'm starting to "get" it. Usually in my journals, I draw. Then color, paint, whatever. In my studio. But there are LOTS of times where I want to make art but I don't really know what to do. I don't have anything in mind that I want to do, I just want to do SOMETHING. Or I wish I felt like making art and I don't. Well, this kind of journaling is perfect for that. First step: slap down paint. Second: borders. Third: collage images. Fourth: doodle. Nothing that requires me to get out my ruler and make sure the eyes are in a straight line and there's enough space between them but not too much space and the eye lids are blah, blah, blah. No thinking necessary.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much Goog for sharing this with me... It's a great idea on "those days" just like you said. (as you are aware of my stuckness)
    You should forward this to Teesha... She would LOVE it I'm sure. I know I would be thrilled if I were her and a "student" sent me this. To know you inspired someone else is an amazing feeling.
    You continue to amaze me in your artistic growth. Your stick-to-it-ness is paying off in BIG ways. I'm proud of you,and you inspire me... and you should be very proud of yourself!

    Big Love...ajae

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaha I'm not going to take the ruler and space between the eyes thing personally! Great journaling Miss G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ajae, I'm actually terrified that Teesha is going to find out and be mad! I know it's silly, she posted all those tutorial, but still...

    And boss, I LOVE being able to get my ruler out and make pretty girls but sometimes I want to WANT to make art, but it's just too much effort to THINK. This is just prepping pages and then doing the thinking later.

    ReplyDelete