Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You Suck Monday - Cheap Thoughts Journal

Cheap Thoughts Journal. I'm in love with this way of journaling (which some of you won't think is  "real" journaling. I have mostly cheap thoughts. I don't spend my time worrying about who I am or who I want to become or where I want to be in the future. I'm an "in the moment" kind of chick, mostly, so this kind of journal is perfect for me.

I'm particularly in love with this "home page" (that's what we call the one where we write our appointments, etc). If you look closely, you'll see Zombie Bunny (he was the original and inspired all others), a teeny calendar of the entire month, and a shiny bit of a Cadbury Cream Egg wrapper. I heart it.

Please notice the tabs - they are randomly placed on pages that have NO special meaning and contain bar codes, pieces of chicken McNugget containers, and bits of music. Oh, and one is made from a piece of tape.

This is my cousins at Stirling castle in Scotland three years ago...

This is an envelope...

Holding a picture of my son snuggled up on the couch in a quilt I made for him before he was born when I didn't know if he was going to be Liam or Lorelai:

This is a drawing I made with one of those pens that had the four colors of ink in it:

This is a cake:

This is my iPhone:

This is just random ugliness:

I dislike the word "junk" (even when you spell it "junque"). To me, junk is trash. I don't keep trash. Ever. No junk mail, no receipts, no "scraps" of paper. I love throwing things out. So this is NOT my junk journal. Yours can be your junk journal if you want, but mine is not because it isn't trash. It's not filled with trash, my thoughts and feelings are not trash, my pictures are not trash, my art is not trash. This is a collection of the ridiculous things people say and the even more ridiculous thoughts in my head and the random colors I want to splash around and the things I keep for absolutely no reason. It's unique and it's me and it's not beautiful. I don't need it to be. Doodle. Make ugly stuff. Write ugly thoughts. Stick in pictures you took on your phone that have no where else to live. Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment