Thursday, September 1, 2011

New tiny journal

I'm not usually a fan of working too small or too large. My ideal journal size is 7 by 10. This one is 4 by 5 and it's hopefully going to be for journaling during the dark times. The Indigo times. The times where I just wanna lay on the couch and watch Bones for three days and you can't stop me or make me brush my teeth.


One of the keys to getting out of these times is action. Take a shower. Call a friend. Leave the house. But you'd be amazed my how much better you can feel just by picking up the pencil and drawing something. Or grabbing a pen and jotting crap down in your CTJ. (What? You don't have a CTJ? Get your ass to Wal-Mart, composition notebooks are on sale for 40 cents!) 

It's not easy to draw pretty things when your thoughts and emotions aren't pretty. And you know what? I don't have to. I don't have to pretend in any of my journals, ever. BUT. This one is going to be specifically for the times I don't feel like making art. Journaling. Whatever. When my arms are too heavy to move and my thoughts are too heavy in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment