Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dreams

When I was more depressed and angry than I am these days, I often thought "How come my dreams didn't come true?" But the more I thought about it, the more I realized - I don't HAVE dreams. Not clear, focused dreams like "I wanna be a doctor when I grow up." And I figured out that's the key. You can have anything come TRUE if it doesn't EXIST. Now, I'd like to be able to say that I had instant clarity and now I know exactly where I want life to take me, but I don't. I'm a 30-year-old stay-at-home-mom and I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
But...now that I know that I need to focus on what I want, I think clarity will come. Maybe not, but we'll see. Sorry for the horrible pictures, I'm still doing the upload to facebook from my phone, download to the computer, upload here.

1 comment:

  1. Love the 3/4. Deciding what you want out of life is so difficult. When I went to Uni I was convinced I wanted to be a scientist. I was going to do something cutting edge. The world was at my feet. And now I teach, at Diploma level, 2 days a week. It took me a very long time to realise that this was not a sign of failure, and that I am happy. Not ecstatic, woohoo, I'm off to work. But happy enough. Good luck finding your way.

    ReplyDelete