Monday, October 4, 2010

Oops

I was late making my calendar this month! This one was really fun because of how it started. Last week I was playing at my friend's house after we went to a couple of art stores. We both got a new type of shimmery paints we'd never tried, Lumiere. It's super fun, thick and shiny. Not as translucent as Stewart Gill Alchemy, but just as shiny and pretty. So when I peeled off the tops on the jars, I smeared them onto the pages of my journal to see how they looked. My friend took out the world's tiniest paint brush and was about to dot them onto a piece of trash, but I made her use her sketchbook. She made these teeny little marks and I made a mess. But the mess turned into this background!

Of course, I added some things, but I won't bore you with the details. The days are one inch squares (I'm a stay-at-home-mom with no car, I don't really do much that involves making an appointment) and the silhouette is from a picture I took of my aunt getting ready for her wedding.

I almost forgot to include where this idea came from!! I got it from here and she got it from here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Inchies! I'd like to know more about these calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just in my journal, nothing special...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you like the Lumieres? I adore them. Use them for backgrounds all the time. My 3 favs are gold, russet and olive.

    ReplyDelete