Friday, October 1, 2010

Journey

I HATE the thought that "life is a journey, not a destination. I don't like the journey part of a trip. I just want to be there. Anyway, my BFF moved to London February 25th. It's far, far, far away from here. Really far. We still talk every day on the phone or skype and we text, email, and ping...but the time difference took us a long time to get used to and sometimes she still calls me at 3am. So, I painted this for her. If you can't read it, it says "No journey is too great if you find what you seek."


Her birthday is the 4th and she's spending the weekend in Ireland, a place she's always wanted to go. We've been looking up locations to see if they really existed or if they were just in Nora Roberts books. We were talking about the Gallaghers of Ardmore and in the first book of the triliogy (Jewels of the Sun) Jude is talking to Aiden and she tells him she feels like she "ran away" from Chicago and he says "What's wrong with running away if where you are doesn't suit?" I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment