Friday, October 22, 2010

Triptych

Triptych = a work of art that is divided into three sections or three panels which are hinged together and folded.

This is an ATC triptych. How fun is that? I know, totally amusing. So, I'm a Leo. I don't know why, but I like to say that. I'm not someone who's ever followed astrology and I don't know if I "believe in" it. Certainly not newspaper horoscopes, and I don't seem to have one of the MAIN Leo traits - the love of being in the spotlight. I have no desire to be the center of attention, ever. No, thanks. I'd much rather sit in the back of the room with my book and be a wallflower. A wallflower dressed in lime green, but still.

For this project I did my "chart" online and found out that my moon sign is Capricorn and my rising sign is Aquarius. I really enjoyed reading about them (and Leo, of course) and the personality traits that contradict or complement. It was fun.

The picture is me, the little silver thingy says "brave" and came from Michael's, as did the plastic Scrabble tiles. The little Zodiac pictures I got from Cafe Astrology. And the flames around me are to represent that Leo is a fire sign - NOT that I'm in hell. Yet.

6 comments:

  1. Was it for a swap? Or just because? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not for a swap...I'm pretty happy with how it came out! Tiny art, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goog is kindly helping me beta test an online course I'm developing, combining small mixed media art and self-knowledge, through astrology + stuff like that!

    Love this Goog! Thanks for doing this! The next assignment will be up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure if you wanted people to KNOW about the class before it came out, so I didn't mention it, but I was SO excited about my ATC I couldn't resist posting it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thrilled to see it here and hoping that you wouldn't mind if I mentioned what it was for! You've really captured it! Thanks for posting about it and being SO excited!

    ReplyDelete