Saturday, October 23, 2010

First block complete!

This is going to be the center block of my uncle's quilt. I LOVE the way it turned out!!

The picture is my uncle and his three siblings. They went to a family reunion in Colorado and had these old-timey pictures taken. I nearly peed myself when my mom showed them to me. I was HYSTERICALLY laughing. Laughing so much my mom started laughing. My uncle always presented this serious face to the world, few people even knew he had a sense of humor. So to see him, see all of them like this, was just amazingly funny to me. I really like this fabric, I'll be using the same off-white for all the blocks, but I have a complementary one to use for the darks. I'm pretty excited with how it's turning out so far and I only have one block done! Go me!

In other news I have a mermaid confession...tomorrow is book club and I just bought the book yesterday and I'm less than a quarter of the way through it!! It's possible I'll finish it, but I'll feel really bad if I don't! I was too busy finishing up the Vladimir Tod books...don't tell!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it Goog. I love doing this type of quilting. I don't like doing that type where you do loads and loads of repetitive stuff on the machine. Is is called Patchwork where its lots of small pieces stitched together? Good luck with the book club tomorrow, I am sure you will be fine. Beverley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Too much repetition gets boring and then I don't finish the project! I'm pretty excited about this one, though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's up ROCK STAR??? girl you turn everything you touch into gold!!!

    i'm proud of you and i'm sure your uncle is gonna LOVE it!
    xoxo
    jul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uncle died, it's for his wife...

    ReplyDelete