Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Uncle J

If anyone was reading this thing, they would probably be tired of hearing about my uncle. Thank God it's just me here in cyberspace talking to myself! Today I started a memory quilt for my aunt. I "sketched" it in Photoshop so I could figure out exactly where I wanted the pictures and it's going to be pretty cute, I think. I took a quick snap of all the pics. There's going to be one 6x6, but the other twelve are 4x4. I hope she likes it!
I know the pictures are crappy, I just wanted to give you an idea. The photos cover the full range of his life, from his birth to the last time I saw him when we hung out at the beach. I didn't reverse the pic of him and his siblings in Durango, so it reads backward. I'll probably fix it, but I might be all right with it not being perfect! I don't really know what colors she likes OR he liked, so I'm just going to use ones that I like. I'm SUPER excited about this project and I think I'm going to work on it some more right now!!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift to give your aunt. She is lucky to have u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so thoughtful and a cool, meaningful, lovingful way to use your artist super powers!

    ReplyDelete